how to find your perfect scent mate
- Citrus – fresh and a tad bitter. light and aromatic. orange blossom and lemon.
- Floral – single flower of a bouquet, think fresh, feminine, romantic. also includes playful fruity notes.
- Oriental – seductive and warm. amber fragrances of vanilla and smoke.
- Chypre – rich and distinguished, this scent lingers. patchouli and bergamot.
- the perfumed court is a fantastic resource to do a bit of research.
- go to the perfume counter. ask for help. try to put into words what you like and don’t like. and yes, use the coffee beans. olfactory exhaustion is even worse than visionary, and we all know how blind you get wandering around the MoMA for too long.
- test. test in all situations. dab (don’t rub!) some on your wrists and neck in the morning, on the weekend, in the office, at the gym, on a date, with a lover. sweat, dance, pant. wear pants. don’t wear pants. test. think of this as your entire dating life in just a few weeks, choosing a different adventure every 2 days.
- commit and don’t look back.
you do have a one month grace period. if you must, get the relationship anulled. but not longer than that.
and i will be here basking happily with my mate and judging you.
which, of course, is bvlgari omnia crystalline. refreshing and complex, sensual but never lingering too long. fresh, familiar.
smell ya later, bk.