I get it, Brooklyn. You’re tough. You’re tough and on the move. Never mind where your bike is. It’s just around the corner. You’ll hear it when it starts up, trust me.
I want this. I want people to hear me coming over the williamsburg bridge. I want to smell like diesel and freedom, in equal parts, all the time. I want to have grease permanently under my nails. I want this, Brooklyn.
To look like you have a motorcycle, from my understanding, you need the following:
1. Distressed denim- in blue, gray, black. whatever. you just need to have about 60 percent straight skin showing through. rip through my picks here, here, and here.
2. Leather, leather, leather. Obviously a black leather jacket, leather boots in black, brown, or oxblood. Or black with real blood. Studs are a big bonus. toughen up with this, this, these or these.
3. A dangerously comfortable tshirt- “whoa girl, that shirt’s so cozy you might fall asleep at the wheel!” exactly. juxtapose danger with comfort, always. slip into one of these three options.
4. Silver jewelry- I don’t know why, gold just doesn’t work. We need silver rings with mystical stone that tell stories of your travels, silver lockers with James Dean’s actual heart inside, silver ID bracelets procured from inmates. i like these pieces.
5. Messy I-don’t-give-a-shit hair- it always comes back to this. Without a motorcycle to zoom you around the block, here’s how to fake it.
6. Black smudge eyeliner that stays for miles. And a convincing wink.
Special shout out to Ducati for sponsoring this post.