trends are fleeting. embrace only those seasonal styles that embrace you, that empower you, that grip you and give you a stronger sense of presence, of self affirmation, of inherent desirability. in this series i hope to show trends as they embody the women they are draped upon- in all of her captivating complexity.
spring 2016 runways brought us the infallible and iconic look of intricate, sheer black lace, in all forms. in this i found inspiration from the mystical moorish architecture of marrakech and barcelona, from intricate filigree patterns found in hamsa metal hangings, from arabic tapestries that interwoven in anecdotal mystery, and from fiercely feminine style of flamenco.
a woman in black lace is seeking both seduction and solitude in equal parts. she’s a woman on the prowl who won’t give anything up even upon capturing her prey.
lace exposes just enough of her secret, never divulging its entirety but never intending to cover it up. It speaks of seduction, deceit. Of a certain danger, an intriguing doorway, an inviting stare, an enchanting curiosity.
- a lace maxi is a bold move, but this one offers exposure in all the right places. from topshop via nordstrom, $199, sheer perfection.
- a tunic that transitions flawlessly from urban adventure to from nasty gal, get one.
- this simple bell-sleeve lace dress from urban outfitters brings an elegant flair into your casual wardrobe. $89, ring my bell, baby.
- a skirt that was made for exploring the born district. from our classy friends at anthropologie, on sale for $99, olé mamacita.
- this shoe makes me want to be reborn as a foot. (i’m serious). gorgeous, complicated, seductive. from zara’s spring line, $119. get in them.
- sheer sleeves, exposed hem, and just enough skin showing to get your point across. this shift, from yumi kim, $229. slip it on.
- strategically-placed lace motifs make this sheer maxi the perfect balance of secretive seduction, from nastygal, $248. no skivvies necessary.
- anon, nurse! there’s just something inherently sexy about shakespearean tops. this one, from urban, $39. lace is more.