the simplicity of the boiled egg should never overshadow it’s sheer perfection. yet its inherent fickleness to achieve this perfection can be intimidating– how do you boil it exactly right to achieve that perfectly soft, vibrant, and easy to peel all-in-one powerful protein punch of a breakfast. or lunch. or dinner. is there a secret?
well, there is, my friends. and that secret is below.
how to make the perfect boiled egg, every single time:
- fill a small-medium saucepan with water and heat on high until boiling.
- once boiling, lower egg (alone or with friends!) gently into the water using a spoon so as not to rupture the shell.
- set timer for 6 minutes, keeping water at a full boil and eggs dancing merrily about in the spa.
- after 6 minutes, turn off water, set timer for 3 minutes and allow eggs to relax and contemplate their evolving state in the hot still water.
- rinse with cold water, peel, and eat. i prefer mine with a little olive oil and salt. and spanish paprika.
and voila- mornings are fun again!